The boring life of Jerod Poore, Crazymeds' Chief Citizen Medical Expert.

What the FUCK?!?!


I don't know what the fuck is going on with #Crazymeds, and why it's taking forever for pages to load.  It could be one or more of:

The new ads on the forum 
Another disc drive problem
All the bruteforce attempts to hack the server we've been having lately

The upgrade is an unlikely cause as the problem is site-wide.  I'm having problems with telnet as well, but I see wiki pages OK, albeit slowly.  

I'm having lots of connectivity problems in general, as some sites are freezing, timing out, etc. and some aren't.  Lunarpages support pages aren't coming up, but others are.  gmail and G+ take forever to load.  Tumblr isn't showing up.   I can't connect to the ad server sites to temporarily disable the ads on the  forum from that end since I can't get to the forum admin page without timing out.

--------

UPDATE:

I was finally able to get a connection to the Lunarpages support site. It turns out that a second RAID array was needed, because the forum is getting so huge. It's taking a long-ass time to sync all 120G of the data. Hence everything being slow as molasses.

As of 4:00 PM Mountain still-not-on-daylight-insanity-Time (2300 GMT) The rebuild/resynchronization is at 55%. Expect the long-ass response times to last well into tomorrow. 

No comments: