The boring life of Jerod Poore, Crazymeds' Chief Citizen Medical Expert.

Sorry the Crazy Meds Talk Forum is Still Down

There was a massive spambot attack around 4:00 a.m. Pacific time. I thought I had disabled the ability for someone to post more than once in X seconds, but I guess not. In any event the spambot had a shitload of topics open at the same time, posting all at once and that was using up more bandwidth and CPU processing than I pay for, so the domain host disabled the forum script.

After I figured out what happened and the vendor recommending making the change through the software, I explained everything in my ticket with the domain host, so I'm waiting for them host to re-enable the software so I can make the necessary changes. I already put the dick's IP address in the domain-level ban they have available. That was 2.5 hours ago, so I don't know what's taking so long.

No comments: