The boring life of Jerod Poore, Crazymeds' Chief Citizen Medical Expert.

Server Upgrade

I'm moving Crazy Meds to a new server. The forum performance sucks too much ass crippled as it is, and I'm tired of the version with its limited capabilities.

If all goes as planned (HAH!) the move will happen tomorrow, sometime in the morning (Mountain Time, GMT -6). I don't yet know how long it will take. I hope to have a better idea later today as I'll attempt to move the forum files today as a dry run for testing purposes. I'll update this post later once I know either how long it will take or if I'll have to move the IPB files when no one is on the forum.

Update 13:35 Mountain Time: Some obscure Apache setting, or something along those lines, is preventing the site introduction from being seen when the IP address is used as an URL. I put up four files as a small test of various things.

The domain host's tech support people are looking into it. I'll be getting an e-mail when that is dealt with.

Update 17:17 Mountain Time: An e-mail from the domain host shows up, but it's a reply about something else. Grrr. Thanks to the meds I'm too tired to do anything else today. The move to the new server may or may not happen tomorrow.

No comments: