I plan on updating to the latest and greatest versions of the forum & blog software Sunday, 18 September. All subject to the whims of health, physical and mental, and fate.
Most of the changes are behind-the-scenes sort of stuff, concerning things like performance, moderator tools, and system administration. Changes everyone will see include:
- A new text editor, which I usually classify as "change is bad." Like this new blogger editor and interface. At least IPB's new editor comes with two useful features: autosave (finally!), and it will notify you if someone posts a reply before you finish with your reply.
- You'll be able to add tags to topics. I can hardly wait to see some of those.
- Following topics, being notified of new content, etc. is supposed to be easier to do and less buggy.
- Liking stuff and social media interfaces are supposed to be easier.
- The user control panel, where you play with your account settings and the like, is supposed to make sense and generally be easier to use.
- Fixes for various bugs on the blogs and the mobile interface.