The boring life of Jerod Poore, Crazymeds' Chief Citizen Medical Expert.

We're off the air again.

Of course I don't check the site before doing anything, so I was unaware that we were getting an internal server error all over the place.  I'll keep everyone posted.

----------

Update 14:41 Mountain Time (21:41 GMT): There's a hardware fault, and Lunar Pages tech support is looking at it.  

In a way this is partially mostly my fault, as I had seen messages relating to the fault in one of the RAID drives starting a few days ago, but my social anxiety/avoidance was so fucking bad I couldn't even open a ticket about it.  I kept trying to, but just couldn't.

----------
Update 16:45 Mountain Time (23:45 GMT): The drug pages, etc. are back up.  The forum is still down, this time it's unhappy about the database.  The new components of the RAID are still being synchronized, and nothing is obvious when looking at the database, so it might be a matter of waiting.
The Lunar Pages techs had the hardware replaced in about one hour.  Pretty damn good for the Friday before Xmas. 

--------------
For anyone who is wondering and speaks *nix, here are the messages I was getting with increasing frequency for the last week:

Dec 22 16:17:02 server smartd[18984]: Device: /dev/sda, not capable of SMART self-check
Dec 22 16:17:02 server smartd[18984]: Device: /dev/sda, failed to read SMART Attribute Data

That's why I wrote it was my fucking fault this happened.
-------------

2 comments:

Sduibek said...

Did you lose any data?

Unknown said...

Not that I'm aware of. The med pages look fine so far. I didn't make a lot of changes on Thursday, and they all seem to be there. All the software tweeks I worked on are there as well.

As for the forum - until someone mentions something, I won't know for sure. It couldn't be too much. I've been running some searches, and I've found a post made around 16:20, which is approximately 25 minutes before the fault. That's the nearest one I've found.